Wednesday 11 May 2011

Price dropped on Asus Z96J days after I bought it from www.buydig.com

I spent my holidays searching for laptop deals. As a workaholic, I wanted something portable as wide as 14" widescreen laptop. I usually use a laptop for blogging, web surfing, playing games, downloading songs, and whatever related to word processing for my career. So I set a budget of below US$2000 for a Core 2 Duo and it must include a tax and shipping. Almost 3 days of searching and researches, I finally left to choose Acer Aspire 5672, Apple Macbook, or Asus Z97J. The similarity to these laptops is the Core Duo processors, ATi x Graphics and the screen resolution.
Reasons for Buying:

My old Dell Inspiron 5400m is no longer a viable option due to its heat problem. The 2 years warranty is no longer valid and its time to change to a new toy! I had a few difficulties purchasing from online, so then I opted for  the Asus  Z96J this time.

Where and How Purchased:
I bought the plain Z97J and Core Duo T2600 processor (2GHz) from BuyDig.com. My friends also had purchased from the same website and they referred to me the BuyDig.com because of its excellent customer service.


The other parts of the laptop, like the DVD burner and RAM was purchased from another website, (www.newegg.com) and separate wireless card from Amazon.com. The only reason I bought the laptop without the hardware parts is because I can upgrage it anytime I want and change the whole thing inside.



My Z96j specifications are as follows:
  • Intel Core Duo T2500 (2.00 GHz)
  • ATi x1600 256mb
  • 15.4" SXGA
  • 100 GB Hitachi Travelstar 5,400 OEM HD
  • 1024mb OCZ DDR2-667 RAM
  • 8x DVD+RW Samsung OEM
  • Intel 3945 802.1abg Wireless Card
  • Built-in Camera and microphone
  • Bluetooth
  • No OS
I spent a total of US$1683.28 after I paid for the shipping and tax. But at the time I receive my laptop, I also received $15 in mail-in discount coupon. A free carrying bag as also included inside the box.

My online order took one week to arrive at my door via UPS. I thought it would only take 3 days by UPS but my friend who bought the fully built laptop from BuyDig claimed that their laptop was shipped on the same day. I guess I was unlucky enough..